In this blog by number review, I want to answer any questions you may have about the course and show you if it is worth your time and money.
Blog By Number is a popular blogging course by Suzi Whitford of Start A Mom Blog. The course is meant for new bloggers and breaks down every little step of blogging so that at the end of it you end up with a professional blog that can be monetized.
The course covers all the details from choosing a blog name, editing images, setting up your theme, to how to get traffic to your blog.
*This post contains affiliate links
Although it is presented as a course for moms, I think anyone (not necessarily moms) could benefit from the course.
Basically, it’s a “how to start a mom blog” and make an income from blogging kind of course. But aren’t the blogging basics really all the same, mom blog or not?
Suzi (start a mom blog) has a free course called The Blog Plan that covers a lot of the basics of blogging but Blog by Number goes deeper.
In the Blog Plan course, Suzi gives you an overview of how blogs make money and then shows you how to start a blog step by step.
What I loved the most though was the 12-month blog planner and editorial calendar.
It is so value-packed it’s hard to imagine that it is free. However, knowing how much Suzi Whitford loves to wow her students, it is no surprise that she gives all that away for free.
If you are like me and would rather have a feel of what to expect before spending money on a course, I would recommend starting with the FREE blog plan course and then purchasing Blog By Number if you like what you see.
Blog By Number Course Review
To be honest, I was not a brand new blogger when I took the Blog By Number course. I had been blogging sporadically here on Streaks of Light since late 2017. However, I couldn’t say that I had been very successful at it.
So when I got the idea to start another blog for new moms, while I was on bed rest last year, I knew I needed to do it right this time. I researched and researched blogging courses that would set me up for success.
I found courses that were upwards of $900 but that wasn’t in my budget. What I needed was a course that is not only beneficial but also affordable.
Then I found this course that students were raving about. Everyone who had taken it seemed to really love it, I did not find a single negative review of the blog by number course. But I wanted to do my due diligence first.
I went to Start a Mom Blog website and got the free blog plan. My mind was blown away by the amazing content. I knew I had finally found the right blogging teacher and mentor for me. And I was right!
Enter Blog By Number course
My Honest Review of The Blog By Number Course By Suzi Whitford
I have used the Blog By Number course to build my mommy blog, motherandbabylove.com, which I launched in April 2020. I got over 1500 page views on my first month and I have
already doubled that and my second month isn’t even over yet over 7,000 pageviews on my second month.
These are really good results and I am so proud because it took me over a year to get to 1,000 page views on this blog when I first started. The step by step guidance from the course made a huge difference.
Okay, let’s get to the details.
Course: Blog By Number – How to start a successful blog
Price: $97 (but if you read the post to the end, you will find out how to get a coupon for a 25% discount)
What Is In the Blog By Number Course?
Here is what you can expect to find in the blog by number course:
Step by step video tutorials on:
- How to build your blog. You will learn everything from choosing a name for the blog, setting up hosting, and installing your theme. Other things you will learn:
- How to create your About Me page and all the legal pages you need.
- Free plugins you need to boost your blog
- Ready to use blog templates that you can install and use in just a few minutes.
- How to write your first blog post and the best types of blog posts to write which will help you succeed faster.
- You will get fill-in-the-blank blog post templates to increase your traffic, grow your list, and make money. I used one of her templates to create this cool breastfeeding guide that my readers loved.
- Learn how to launch your blog successfully so that people get to see your awesome work.
- Traffic building; how to get people to visit your blog, how to set up your Pinterest, create gorgeous pin images, setup your niche boards, and use group boards to promote your content.
- How to make money from your blog. You can expect to learn all the different ways you can monetize your blog and she gives the best tips.
- 83 ways to make money with a blog? Yes ma’am.
- Easy ways to do simple keyword research and use SEO to grow your blog (using free tools,yes!)
- How to grow your email list
- Learn how to create freebies and promote them
- And so much more.
Free Bonuses included in the Blog By Number Course:
In addition to all that, you also get a ton of bonuses. Some of these are products that Suzi sells as stand-alone products but when you buy the Blog By Number course you get them for FREE.
- 8000+ blog post ideas – who doesn’t want those?
- 130+ Blog Post Headlines
- A complete workbook with checklists to help you write amazing blog posts.
- 20 free stock images ($20 worth) + a link to 300 more stock images.
- Blog By Number Ebook which when sold alone is $18
Who is this course for?
This course is for everyone who wants to start a blog or is in the early stages of starting their blog. If you want to learn how to get traffic to your blog and make money, the blog by number course has all the resources you need.
You will learn to make money from your blog whether you are a working mama or a stay at home mom. Suzi Whitford was actually a stay at home mom when she started blogging and she has managed to scale so fast even with 3 kids.
If you start today the right way imagine what you could have accomplished in 3 years?
Pros of the Blog By Number Course- What I Loved about it
Honestly, I am very picky about what I buy but Suzi’s courses haven’t disappointed me yet.
Here is what sets Suzi apart for me in Blog By Number:
- The Blog by number course over-delivers. For example, when she teaches about Pinterest in the course, she gives so much information, it is more than I course I know that charges a lot of money for Pinterest training. I am learning that with Suzi, you will always get more than you came for and I love that.
- Suzi teaches in a way that is super easy to understand and she doesn’t teach anything halfway and leave you to go ‘research’ on it. Her courses are in-depth and that is fantastic.
- The tools recommended in the course are either free or very affordable. I love that she does not just recommend tools for the sake of it and she does not push you to buy. She understands that when bloggers are starting off it is not the time to spend a ton of money, the training is in such a way that you can still succeed without paying for any extra tool.
- She is available for questions and whenever you reach out to her, she is like a friend. Her student support is unmatched. I sent her an email with a question and I was so surprised by how quickly she responded and how friendly she was. I was truly humbled and impressed at the same time. She really cares about her students and that is amazing.
The Cons: What Are The Downsides To The Blog By Number course?
- One downside I found with the course is that the amount of content in the course is so much, it can be overwhelming. Some people actually struggle to finish. Personally, it took me around 3 months to finish from beginning to end while working on my blog and being a busy mom.
The best tips I can give you is to do a little bit of the course every day if you can or every few days. The blog by number free workbook that comes in the course has realistic timelines, use it to track your progress.
It is a lot of content but trust me if you take this course from beginning to the end, you will be setup for success.
Since I completed Blog By Number and loved it, I have since bought more courses and they are all excellent (see my teachable dashboard below)
Once you really understand what blogging is all about and which monetization technique you want to focus on, then I would recommend buying one of her other courses that focuses on the blogging area that is a priority to you e.g. list building or course building.
This are some of the courses I am enrolled in currently:
What other Students Are Saying about Suzi’s Blogging Courses:
Here are some reviews for the start a mom blog courses:
Suzi’s courses are SO worth it! She’s a fantastic educator! You get way more than you pay for, that’s for sure. Anyone considering her courses or looking for a place to start shouldn’t even hesitate to take this program. Great post!Melissa
I love Suzi and I think it’s great that she has her kids in the videos with her at times. I haven’t taken blogging by number but I took her list by number and printables class. She’s really thorough and makes things easy to implement. I’d say this class is probably one of her best ones so people should definitely try it!Heather
Are you tight on money and would rather get the FREE blog plan first?
More Value For Your Money- The Blog Building Bundle by Suzi Whitford
Since I am all about saving money, there is a way you can save a ton of money and that is by getting the blog building bundle.
The Blog building bundle contains 9 courses with a total value of $481 for $197 ONLY it’s a steal
Here is what you get in the blog building bundle:
- Blog by number – $97
- Niche by number (9 steps to finding your perfect niche) – $27
- Post by number $9
- How to use Picmonkey to grow your traffic with beautiful images (Free)
- 4 Masterclass coaching call replays ($148 / $37 each)
- Stock images ($200)
More than 50% off!
Blogging Courses for Intermediate and Advanced Bloggers
If you have been blogging for a while and know which are struggling with, I would recommend looking into Suzi Whitford’s other courses for your specific pain point or get the entire bundle for a lower total cost.
Some of Suzi’s other blogging courses:
So what if you have already started a somewhat successful blog and you just need to make it more profitable. Here are the Start a Mom Blog Courses that I think you will love:
- Printables by Number ($97) – For anyone who would like to learn how to create and sell printables or use them as freebies. (I’m currently enrolled and loving it)
- List by number ($57) – Exact steps to take to grow your email list
- Course by number ($397) – How to create, launch, and make a consistent income with online courses.
Or, you could just go ahead and get all 14 courses at one fair price of $797 by getting the VIP access pass.
How Can I Get a Blog By Number Coupon?
Okay, so I wouldn’t want you to spend a ton of money when you have the option of spending less. Unless you can afford to, in which case you should totally do it because the course is worth it :-).
So let me give you a secret.
If you take the Free Blog Plan course to the end, you will find a COUPON that will give you 20% off the Blog By Number course.
If you want to buy the other courses, there is also a discount coupon in the Blog By Number course that you can use on all the other courses.
>>> Get the FREE Blog Plan Course <<<
What Can you accomplish with a successful blog as a mom?
Can you imagine what you can do with some extra money in your pocket? The Blog By Number course will teach you how to make money from a blog and be able to:
- contribute to your family’s finances and clear up debt
- Finance family vacations
- Reduce the amount of time your spouse has to work.
- Transition from being a working mom to a stay at home mom to be with your children. Without taking a hit on your finances.
Wouldn’t that be amazing?
No matter your current state, if blogging for money interests you, I highly recommend that you take the blog by number course first to set yourself up for success.
Take it from me, someone who tried a ton of things before landing on the course that finally set me on the right track.
Blog By Number saved me from the shiny object syndrome. It is the only “start a successful blog” course that I follow and recommend and it has paid off for me.
I hope these tips save you a ton of time and money mama.
Does Blog By Number Have An Affiliate Program?
Yes, Blog By Number has an affiliate program. However, it is only open to students who have purchased at least one of the Start A Mom Blog courses. You can apply here
Features of the Affiliate program:
- 40% commission on product sales.
- 365 day cookie
If you read through the review and would like to purchase Blog By Number, I would really appreciate it if you use my affiliate link: streaksoflight.com/bbn. You can use streaksoflight.com/suzi to sign up for any of Suzi’s other products, free or paid.
Final Thoughts About the Blog by Number Course
I honestly cannot sing enough praises for the Blog By Number Course and Suzi Whitford’s commitment to her students. It is one of those courses that I wholeheartedly recommend and believe in its value.
I have taken a number of Start a Mom Blog’s courses so far and I will probably do individual reviews for each of them in future. Even so, Blog by Number is by far my favorite course and I do feel that it worth way more than its price.
If you truly want to start a blog and make it successful, Blog By Number is definitely the place to start.