It has been a really busy today but I did not want to fail to write today. I am on day 6 of this daily writing challenge and I am grateful for what I am learning through it.
I had a conversation with a friend today that made me think, sometimes you are too close to see clearly. You know the way if something is too close to your eyes, you are not really able to see it that well? Sometimes that’s the case with some aspects of our lives.
When you are so focused on a certain perspective, you can end up making decisions based on what stands out the most for you rather than the whole picture. For every choice you make in a certain direction, you are foregoing something in the other. And it is very easy to miss out on the full essence of what your decision means unless you step back.
That’s why it is important to seek counsel from time to time. It is wise to take a step back and try to take another look – to get the full view. Try having someone you trust offer their views on the matter and see how that goes.
Sometimes we don’t see the full picture because we are too close to see.
In other news, here are a few quotes about life that I would like to share with you
- If you get tired, learn to rest not quit
- Life is a question and how we live it is our answer – Gary Keller
- To be creative you have to lose your fear of being wrong.
- Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye – H. Jackson Brown Jr
- Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself with other people.
- Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you have to keep moving – Albert Einstein.
28-Day Writing Challenge Day 6